sptsman
(member)
02/11/10 02:02 PM
Re: Biodegradable shot shell wad cups

No, I would not pay more. I don't shoot garbage shells but I do look for the best deals I can find, on the quality of shells that I can afford to shoot. If I was going pay an additional $.50 or $1.00 per box, it would be to upgrade the quality of the shell, not for some supposed environmental reason.

I hunt in many places where they have been shooting truckloads of shells for 50+ years. I'm not sure when the plastic wads became the norm but I'm sure it was more than 25-30 years ago. With that in mind, I have yet to see a problem with excess wads cluttering up the landscape. In fact, I'm usually hard pressed to even see old wads. If they are buried in the mud or get worked into the soil, so be it.

Just thinking a lot of this environmental stuff has merit and we should be good stewards of our environment. However, some of this stuff has become ridiculous. I'm not sure which category these fall in but I'm leaning towards the silly side. Seems to be solving a problem that doesn't really exist and opens the door for a lot of regulation and new rules...

Carry on...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5